Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Luke 21: 36-37

And in the day time he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives.
And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, for to hear him.

"Jesus spent the day amidst the crowds of the Temple; he spent the night beneath the stars with God. He won his strength to meet the crowds through his quiet time alone; he could face men because he came to men from God's presence." 
~ William Barclay, The Gospel of Luke, p. 261

Need to remember to make time to spend nights beneath the stars with Him.

2 comments:

BrieAnn said...

I treasure those moments/hours at a time where I can be still and commune with God. My nighttime yoga sessions at Harn Park were the only times I would lay in savasana with my eyes open, so I could stare up at the few stars bright enough to penetrate the city lights. It was a wordless prayer - just my mind and heart seeking to understand God's will and be filled with his love and peace. It was always renewing. A reservoir filler.

Since we're talking about stars, we didn't get in a star gazing date. Let's plan one for someday. And while it technically wouldn't be the kind of alone time you're talking about in this post, I'm really good at being quiet. ;)

Mary Bliss said...

It's on my bucket list: find starry night with BrieAnn